10.10 Changes Introduced in Version 3.8.3
Version 3.8.3 is mainly a bugfix release. New features:
- New interface functions
- The Windows version is now up to twice as fast (measured on the
benchmarks in http://www.sics.se/sicstus/benchmarks.html). In
particular, SICStus ought to be as fast under Windows as under Linux given the
same hardware. This will only affect `pure' Prolog code, built-in
predicates such as
assert are not affected although the Prolog
part of libraries are affected. (The change is in the byte code dispatch
- The Windows console (spwin) can now save a transcript of the
interaction with the Prolog top-level. The command is under the
`File' menu. You may wish to increase the
number of `save lines' in the `Windows Settings' (under the
library(clpfd): new constraints
model non-overlapping lines and rectangles.
- The Windows console: `All Files' should now work in file
- A problem that prevented spld and splfr from working under Windows
95/98 has been fixed.
- Fixed meta-quoting of regular expressions in spld and splfr.
- spld warns when input files are ignored
- Runtime system executables generated using spld return 0 when
user:runtime_entry/1 succeeds and 1 on failure or exception.
SP_chdir() declares its first argument as
const char *.
- Restore fixes for native code.
- Atom garbage collection during restore fix.
- Listing fix for disjunctions.
- Integer range manual fix.
- Avoid doing initializations twice for -l and -r files.
- Compiler fix for
- Buffering fix for Linda.
- Wide character handling bug fixes.
prolog_flag/[2,3]: fix for runtime systems.
SP_unify(): undo any bindings on failure.
library(bdb): relative filename handling fix.
library(clpfd): GC interaction, overflow detection, performance fixes.
- A problem where multiple copies of the Jasper library were loaded has
been fixed. This affects all platforms. Now there is exactly one version
of the Jasper shared library (libjasper.so or jasper.dll).
+atom maps to
- Jasper: the
+double specifier did not work.