10.41.2.4 What We Have Left Out
We have left out a number of Tcl commands as they are outside of the
scope of this tutorial. We list some of them here to show some of what
Tcl can do. Please refer to the Tcl manual for more information.
- implements the HTTP protocol for retrieving web pages
- a modules systems for Tcl
- commands can be attached to variables that are triggered when the
variable changes value (amongst other things)
- start, stop, and manage processes
- UNIX and Internet style socket management
- exception handling
- 3rd party extension packages
- load extension packages into Tcl and use their facilities as
native Tcl commands
Send feedback on this subject.