10.7.5 New Features in library(jasper)
- Java 2 (a.k.a. JDK 1.2) is now required.
library(jasper) will not
work using JDK 1.1.x.
- Support for native threads JDKs.
- Changed package name from
according to JavaSoft guidelines. See Getting Started.
- Classfiles are now placed in jasper.jar, which is located in
$SP_PATH/bin. See Getting Started.
- The shared library for Jasper (jasper.dll or libjasper.so)
is now located in the same directory as the runtime kernel (default
<installdir>/lib under UNIX,
Windows). See Getting Started.
- Meta-call functionality added (
jasper_call_static/6, etc.). This makes it possible to call Java
without having to generate any glue code (i.e. without a C-compiler).
- Support for handling local global references from Prolog
protected instead of
- New class
SPCanonicalAtom to handle canonical representations of
atoms and to make sure that they are safe with atom garbage collection. New methods
putCanonicalAtom. New constructor for
- New exception:
IllegalCallerException is thrown if the current
thread is not allowed to call SICStus.