10.42 The Gauge Profiling Tool—
The Gauge library package is a graphical interface to the SICStus
profile_reset/0. See Execution Profiling for more information about
execution profiling. The interface is based on Tcl/Tk
Creates a graphical user interface for viewing the profile data
accumulated so far. When the display first comes up it is blank except
for the control panel. A screen shot is shown below.
Gauge graphical user interface
The menus and buttons on the control panel are used as follows:
- Selects what statistics to display. One of:
- The number of times a predicate was called.
- The number of abstract instructions executed, plus two times the number of choice point accesses.
- Number of choicepoints accessed (saved or restored).
- Sort Order
- Selects the sort order of the histogram. One of:
- Sort the bars in alphabetic order.
- Descending values
- Sort the bars by descending values.
- Ascending values
- Sort the bars by ascending values.
- Top 40
- Show just the 40 highest values in descending order.
- Controls the scaling of the bars. One of:
- Display values with a linear scale.
- Display values with a logarithmic scale.
- Controls whether to show bars with zero counts. One of:
- Show all values in the histogram.
- No zero values
- Show only non-zero values.
- The font used in the histogram chart.
- Calculates the values according to the current settings. The values are
displayed in a histogram.
- The execution counters of the selected predicates and
clauses are reset.
- A choice of printing the histogram on a Postscript printer, or to a file.
- Shows a help text.
- Quits Gauge and closes its windows.
By clicking on the bars of the histogram, the figures are displayed in
the Value Info window.
Send feedback on this subject.