The hard facts about SICStus Prolog 4.2.3
SICStus Prolog provides the means to integrate a very powerful Prolog
engine in advanced, portable computing applications. It is the ideal
choice for applications that require reasoning, search or pattern
matching capabilities (e.g. intelligent web, rule engine, natural or
formal language, and expert system style applications).
SICStus Prolog provides tools for delivering stand-alone applications
as well as modules that can be linked with code written in other
languages to create reliable solutions with Prolog embedded.
The latest version is 4.2.3, featuring:
- International Standard ISO/IEC 13211-1 (PROLOG: Part 1—General Core).
- Internet Protocol versions 4 (IPv4) and 6 (IPv6).
- Unicode 5.0.
- Stand-alone, all-in-one-file, and embedded applications.
- Debuggable deployed applications.
- Multiple virtual machine instances in the same process.
Interactive Development Environments
- Do-loops, a concise control structure for common, simple iterations.
- Hooks for term & goal expansion, messages & queries, file search paths, etc.
- Coroutines, essential for constraint solvers.
- Attributed variables, essential for constraint solvers.
- Mutable terms.
- Unbounded precision integers.
- Object-Oriented Programming syntax available. The resulting objects are
modifiable data structures that provide a clean and efficient
alternative to storing data in the Prolog database.
Structure Inter-Access allows Prolog to directly access C-structs,
providing a "lean and mean" alternative to storing data in the Prolog
- Constraint solvers:
- >1000 exported predicates.
- Common abstract data types.
- Operating system access.
- File system access.
- Sockets (IPv4 and IPv6).